Monday, September 28, 2009

Wikepedia

I love Wikepedia! It is a great source for quick and condensed information about any and every subject or person that you can think of. Wikipedia can be a trusted site for some information but not all. When doing simple book reports or biographies Wikipedia can be very useful. I would not trust Wikipedia for very important projects though. Everyday people add, edit, and delete information on Wikipedia all the time. If I was using Wikipedia for a big project I would make sure I had other trusted sources backing it up. If I was assigning my students a project and they decided to use Wikipedia I would make sure to tell those students who are going to use Wikipedia to make sure they have another source. I would also inform them about plagiarism and checking the credility of your sources.

1 comment:

  1. You and I are in agreement! Just keep your eyes open and your brain on!

    ReplyDelete