Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Karl Fisch

Wow! This was the first statement I made after reading Karl Fisch's "Is It Ok To Be A Technologically Illiterate Teacher". This was a great article that really caught my attention. There was sort of a frustrated or angry theme that I felt from him while reading his post, but it works for him. It makes his argument even more stronger and powerful. There is no excuse in this day and age to be technologically illiterate. Times are changing and technology will continue to grow and become more and more common. We should never feel satisfied with our current level of knowledge. Nobody knows it all! Technology is definitely something that one completely grasps a hold of because it is constantly changing and expanding. There is one statement he made that I may not necessarily agree with when he stated "school inspectors who are technologically illiterate should be encouraged to find alternative employment." I believe there is more that goes into that profession than just technology but I could be wrong. Overall, I loved the article and would recommend it.

1 comment: