Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Summary of My Experience in EDM310



I have learned so much from this class. This post probably won't be long enough to describe everything that I have learned. I have grown alot this semester. Dr. Strange is a great instructor. Before this class I had never done a blog, podcast, or skyped. I had never created a spreadsheet or created a google doc or a google form. I had never even twittered, even though that seems to be quite popular now. All these things I have learned and now am able to do as a result of this class. I knew that teachers needed to be technologically literate but it never dawned on me how important that was until this class.

The only thing that I did not learn in this class but am a curious about learning, is creating a webpage. I have always wanted to learn how to create one. I understand that blogging is just as effective, but I am still curioius about having your own website. It seems that anyone can create one these days. Everything else that we have learned in this class has been very valuable, resourceful, and useful.

The thing that excited me the most was creating our podcasts, especially the ones where I got a chance to act. I had always been interested in acting but never have done it! I loved it so much that I went beyond the minimal requirements and participated in 3 podcasts! I love podcasting and creating videos! I was never really bored in this class because there was ALWAYS something to do! There was never a moment where we could just sit and twiddle our thumbs. We all had to catch up or wanted to be ahead in some area or another.

I really don't think that there is anything that I would change about this course. I had never taken a class like this before, so I was impressed by it. I learned a lot and I'm sure others who take it shall do the same. I can say now that I am technologically literate now. I'm not a computer whiz, but I do know a whole lot more than when I started in this class. I will try my best to maintain this knowledge by maybe starting my own personal blog, doing my own podcasts and continuing to play experiment with google.

2 comments:

  1. You were an excellent example of volunteering for extra work. I thank you. And you were a role model in many other ways as well! I wish you the very best inn your teaching career!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google has a method for creating web pages that you should look up and try. Search for Google Sites.

    ReplyDelete