Friday, August 21, 2009

Mr. Winkle Wakes

The "Mr. Winkle Wakes" video made me think and imagine. What will the world be like 100 years from now? How will society differ? If we look back at the year 1909, society has drastically changed to say the least. This video was also funny in a sense. When I look back at my public school and now my college education, I see how so many teachers are not effectively incorporating the new technologies of the world into the classroom. Sometimes it seems like the schools, especially the public schools, have gotten left behind. This makes no sense at all! If anybody should be reaping the benefits of technological advancements, it should definitely be our children! Although its cliche', they are our future. This video also made me think about some of our elders who are like Mr. Winkle, who are afraid of technology. I really don't want to be one of those!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck avoiding becoming Mr. Winkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. And you see what the author of Mr. W wakes said in the post above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Concerning technology and older people I completely agree with you. When I read your remark, I actually thought it was funny but true. The good new is neither of us is old. When I become older, I don't want to be two steps behind to where technology will be. I want to be able to keep up with it. Technology is always good and beneficial towards our society.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Technology is expanding in a major way. We can either get with it or get left behind. I totally agree with you not wanting to be an elder and be completely out of the loop.

    ReplyDelete